Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Whose Who of Mark Gingeriches

Hi, My name's Mark Gingerich. I am one of the 5 young adults traveling around the Central Plains Mennonite Conference this summer exploring our conference congregations. I grew up at Washington Mennonite Church in Washington, Iowa and later moved to Iowa City and was baptized at First Mennonite Church. I'm glad to be a part of the Central Plains conference but a little disconcerted in hearing some of the results of a survey done recently by Conrad Kanagy (see link) about the Mennonite Church. Aging population, waning identification with Anabaptist roots, etc.

I'm excited to spend a summer touring the Midwestern region, learning what our particular conference looks like and helping share inspiring stories between congregations of the ways Central Plains Mennonite Churches are living out the call to be set apart from the world - living out the Kingdom of God here on Earth.

Write me anytime at SeedsOfTheKingdom@gmail.com - just put "For Mark" in the subject line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great that all of you want to spend some months among us here in Central Plains. We are looking forward to it. Know that you have the support of all the Ministry Staff and we will do whatever we can to make this a positive experience for you and the congregations. You have my hearty endorsement!

Ed