Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hey This is Jess Here!

Hello to everyone, Jess Roth here! Here’s a quick run down of my life and background before you read into the depths of my thoughts. I left my life in Denver, Colorado (along with my handsome finance, not permanently only for three months) to return to my homeland here in Central Plains Mennonite Conference. For the first 18 years of my life I had the privilege of living on a farm outside of Cairo, Nebraska. I continued my education at Hesston College and then at Goshen College. After graduating I heard the call of the mountains, moved to Colorado and have been there for the past two years. I am pumped to be back in the plains working in the community I will always call home.
I am pumped to be a part of “Seeds Of the Kingdom,” to visit the churches throughout Central Plains Mennonite Conference and to hear their stories of creating Shalom community. I hope that as I walk away from the summer I will have a better understanding of how God’s vision is a vision of peace for all of God’s creation. I want to have a better understanding of how I can create peace throughout God’s creation and the ability to better identify with rural church life.
This is going to be an exciting summer with many challenges and opportunities for learning. What a way to spend my summer.

No comments: